The following is a list of possible places to view Purple Martins and Purple Martin roosts. These are also sites for viewing migrating passerines, hawks and vultures as well as other bird species. Essex County and the neighboring areas are birding hotspots for swallows as well as other Spring and Fall migrants. The list below is some suggested locations for viewing these migration mysteries. Any other suggestions for martin roosts are greatly appreciated.
Birding in Ontario Parks……..Read more……
- Point Pelee National Park(the most southern tip of Canada)
- Visit ERCA site for conservation area’s and trails
- Wheatley Provincial Park (World class Bird Watching)
- Walpole Island First Nation
- Rondeau Provincial Park
- Long Point Provincial Park
If you locate a swallow roost or staging area, please fill out the 2017_RoostMonitoring Form and send it to Nature Canada.More information can be found in the form provided.
Several purple martin roosts were located in 2018.
The red , yellow and orange doplar radar signatures are purple martin roost areas.