Above images courtesy of Graham Brown….
Don Bissonnette leading a bluebird tour.
Don explaining the benefits of the Peterson Bluebird Box to some onlookers.
Don’s Martins 2014- ALL GOURDS OCCUPIED
Blue Bird and Tree Swallow References
- Check out more information and other resources at: http://www.sialis.org/
- The North American Bluebird Society has produced an excellent Bluebird Monitoring Fact Sheet for perusal. It has many references and an important day by day development of baby bluebirds. It is a worthwhile document to download.
- The Cornell Ornithology lab has a website for monitoring nest boxes as well as several tips for recording data among other useful suggestions. These particular suggestions are relevant to purple martin monitoring as well as other songbird monitoring. You can view this information at the following location:
- The following article comes from the above study for reference and for some hints on good Bluebird Trail Monitoring as well as sparrow behaviour on the trail.
- Check out the Ontario Eastern Bluebird Association for bluebird house plans including the recommended
The Tree Swallow Project found under Don’s Bluebird Corner also has many suggestions for maintaining a tree swallow trail. It is well developed with photos and suggestions which are transferable to bluebirds.
Essex County Field Naturalist Bluebird Committee Reports: Courtesy of Don Bissonnette